ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-whois-dt] NCA values for study priority and feasibility

• To: gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-whois-dt] NCA values for study priority and feasibility
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:08:25 -0500

Hi,

Well I was only adding the averages to the table. The other info was included just for completeness sake and because i was using an adaptation of the full table.

The other stats while not necessarily statistically significant are, i think, interesting indicators. For example they doe show how far apart we were or weren't on some topics and show that all NCAs do not think alike.

For the feasibility, I would prefer to just leave the averages unless others object. My first thought, for my own evaluation, was to check these all at 0 since i knew that i really did not know what was scientifically feasible or not and was just educated-guessing. Perhaps others really know what is feasible and what isn't but i figure that at best the collective judgement will be a mixed educated- guess. If you don't like the fractional values we can round them, though i don't really see the need. It is interesting that so far, I think we have the only element of perhaps thinking some of this is not feasible.

a.

On 9 Jan 2009, at 14:19, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Good work Avri. In my opinion the averages should work fine for
priorities; the sample is way too small for StdDev to be very valuable
but that along with the other stats are still interesting info. I don't think that averages work for the feasibility though; it might be best to just put whatever 2 out of 3 said, although the feasibility numbers are
probably not as critical for our current task.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:owner-gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 11:38 AM
To: gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-whois-dt] NCA values for study priority and feasibility

Hi,

The values shown in the attachment are the averages and other
stats based on 3 independent evaluations by the current NCA
members of the council (Avri, Olga and Terry).

a.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy