ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-study]

RE: [gnso-whois-study] Implementation of CIRAs new .CA WHOIS Policy

  • To: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>, gnso-whois-study@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-whois-study] Implementation of CIRAs new .CA WHOIS Policy
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:49:21 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.trademarkblog.ca/implementation-of-ciras-new-ca-whois-policy/

Further to our earlier post regarding changes to
CIRA?s WHOIS Policy, the change in policy is scheduled
to take effect June 10, 2008.

Under the new .CA WHOIS Policy, information about
individual Registrants and their Administrative and
Technical contacts will no longer be displayed.

Individual Registrants may ?opt-in? to display their
information.  Information about corporate Registrants
will be displayed by default.

CIRA is apparently establishing an online process for
passing correspondence from interested parties to
individual Registrants and such process is also to be
available June 10, 2008.

----

Liz and Group:  While responsible entities are moving
forward with policy decisions to reconcile WHOIS with
privacy concerns, I cannot in good conscience support
a course of action [additional studies] that will only
serve to further stall GNSO deliberations.

We don't need further studies at a time when solutions
clearly are at hand.

best regards,
Danny

Be a better friend, newshound, and