ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-study]

RE: [gnso-whois-study] 15 April WHOIS call review and next steps

  • To: "Liz Gasster" <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-whois-study@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-whois-study] 15 April WHOIS call review and next steps
  • From: "Papac, Krista" <Krista.Papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:16:53 -0400

Liz and Group:

Here are our rank order preferences for further studies of WHOIS.
Further studies need to be well defined, have a specific goal in mind,
and the goal is one that enables some form of movement towards
resolution on this topic.  If conducting one or more of these studies is
not likely to produce results that will move stakeholders closer to
resolution, it makes more sense to focus efforts on something more
productive.  With that said, our rankings highest to lowest are noted
below:

-         Category #5 Impact of WHOIS data protection on crime and abuse

-         Category #6 Proxy registrar compliance with law enforcement
and dispute resolution requests

-         Category #3 Availability of privacy services

-         Category #2 Compliance with data protection laws and registrar
accreditation agreements

-         Category #1 WHOIS misuse

-         Category #4 Demand and motivation for use of privacy services

-         Category #7 WHOIS data accuracy

Krista Papac
Sales Executive
Iron Mountain Digital
5530 Bandini Blvd
Bell, CA  90201  US
Home Office: +001.714.846.8780
Mobile: +001.646.379.4689
Fax: +001.323.443.3573
krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Visit the new www.ironmountain.com <http://www.ironmountain.com/>
Tour Iron Mountain
<http://www.ironmountain.com/US/services/tours/corporate.asp>

(c) 2008 Iron Mountain Incorporated. All rights reserved. Iron Mountain
and the design of the mountain are registered trademarks of Iron
Mountain Incorporated.

Iron Mountain Privacy Policy:
http://www.ironmountain.com/legal/privacy.asp  Iron Mountain, 745
Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA, 02111 www.ironmountain.com