ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt]

RE: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] WSWG Survey Stats

  • To: <gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] WSWG Survey Stats
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 23:00:45 -0700

Team,

Don brings up a good point.

Nowhere in the survey or the announcement do we specifically state that no
personal information will be collected or that it is anonymous.  Within the
profile section of the survey, we do not collect personal information.
However, in instructions and announcement we do mention the "resume later"
function that states that the participant can create an ID to return and
complete the survey later.  In that process, the email address, and a name is
collected.

This is one of several reasons that ICANN Council preferred the survey be
hosted within ICANN.

The email addresses I pulled from the tool, are only email addresses.  If the
team agrees about sending a notice, the email would be sent from a designated
ICANN email address and all recipients will be listed as a BCC.

Please advise if we should proceed.

Thank you.  B

Berry Cobb
720.839.5735