ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 1 Completed

  • To: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 1 Completed
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 12:25:31 -0500

Looks good to me Ken.  Thanks.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: owner-gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Bour
        Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 10:32 AM
        To: gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 1 Completed

        Work Prioritization Model DT:

        During today's teleconference (3 Dec 2009), the Work Team
completed Step 1 as outlined in Liz's email from 23 November.  The
following table shows the revised list of projects (and revised
abbreviations in red) that will be rated/ranked and ultimately
prioritized.

        Active Project List

Seq No.

Name

Abbreviation

1

New gTLDs-Special Trademark Issues

STI

2

IDN Fast Track Implementation Plan

IDNF

3

Geo Regions Review Communitywide WG

GEO

4

Travel Policy

TRAV

5

Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery

PED

6

Registration Abuse Policy WG

ABUS

7

Joint ccNSO-GNSO IDN WG

JIG

8

PPSC-PDP Work Team

PDP

9

PPSC-WG Work Team

WG

10

OSC-GNSO Operations Team

GCOT

11

OSC-Constituency & Stakeholder Operations Team

CSG

12

OSC-Communications & Coordination Work Team

CCT

13

IRTP - Part B PDP

IRTB

14

Registrar Accreditation Agreement

RAA

15

Internationalized Registration Data WG

IRD

        The following projects were removed from the original list for
one of three reasons (ref. "Category" column), but will be maintained in
a separate table so that the team does not lose track of them:

        1)      Community Inactive ("I"):  the work effort is waiting on
or pending another action (e.g. Staff report) or decision  (e.g. Council
motion) and is not currently consuming community resources.

        2)      Monitor Only ("M") :  the work effort is not
fundamentally prioritized by the Council, but it does maintain an
interest from an informational perspective (Note: also includes liaison
activities).

        3)      Not a GNSO Project ("X"):  the work effort is not or not
yet a GNSO initiative and cannot be properly evaluated (ranked/rated)
and prioritized by the Council.

Category

Name

Abbreviation

WHOIS Studies

WHO1

Fast Flux

FF

Synthesis of WHOIS Service Requirements

WHO2

GNSO Constituency Reconfirmations

GCR

Registry/Registrar Vertical Integration

RRVI

        The three category explanations above may need tweaking, but I
hope I captured the essence of the team's discussion accurately.

        To make it easier to track and respond, I will create new email
threads for each separate task.

        Congratulations on completing Step 1!

        Ken Bour