ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 2 (Completed)

  • To: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 2 (Completed)
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:57:41 -0500

Thanks Ken.  Looks good to me.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: owner-gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Bour
        Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:04 PM
        To: gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 2 (Completed)

        Team Members:

        As a result of our productive conference call today, 10 December
(2000 UTC), the team solidified the definitions for the X/Y axes in the
two dimensional model that will be used to establish project
prioritization for the GNSO.

        I did a bit more fine-tuning to the wording while staying
consistent with the team's consensus changes:

        Y - Value/Benefit ... this dimension relates to perceptions of
overall value and benefit to:  1) the global Internet community; and 2)
ICANN stakeholders.  Components of this dimension may include, but are
not limited to:  new opportunities for Internet growth/expansion,
enhanced competitiveness, resolution/improvement of serious performance
or infrastructure problems, increased security/stability, and improved
user experience.

        X - Resource Consumption ... this dimension relates to
perceptions of total human capital expenditure anticipated and also
includes such factors as complexity (e.g. technical), intricacy (e.g.
many moving parts to coordinate), lack of cohesion (e.g. many competing
interests), length of time/energy expected; availability/scarcity of
resources -- all of which contribute to the total resource consumption
and overall cost (economic and otherwise) required to develop a
recommendation.

        It would be helpful to have agreement on this final wording in
the next day or so since it will be used as a basis for the first WPM-DT
test that will be performed in the next seven days (see separate email).

        I understand, from our discussion today, that Olga will formally
ask for team consensus on both Step 1 and Step 2.

        Regards,

        Ken

        P.S.  A separate email will be forthcoming regarding the Step 1
Project List consolidation (names, definitions, abbreviations) and the
team's approach for Step 3-Testing Rating Methodologies.