ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

[gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 2 (Completed)

  • To: <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 2 (Completed)
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:04:18 -0500

Team Members:

As a result of our productive conference call today, 10 December (2000 UTC),
the team solidified the definitions for the X/Y axes in the two dimensional
model that will be used to establish project prioritization for the GNSO.

I did a bit more fine-tuning to the wording while staying consistent with
the team's consensus changes:

Y - Value/Benefit . this dimension relates to perceptions of overall value
and benefit to:  1) the global Internet community; and 2) ICANN
stakeholders.  Components of this dimension may include, but are not limited
to:  new opportunities for Internet growth/expansion, enhanced
competitiveness, resolution/improvement of serious performance or
infrastructure problems, increased security/stability, and improved user
experience.

X - Resource Consumption . this dimension relates to perceptions of total
human capital expenditure anticipated and also includes such factors as
complexity (e.g. technical), intricacy (e.g. many moving parts to
coordinate), lack of cohesion (e.g. many competing interests), length of
time/energy expected; availability/scarcity of resources -- all of which
contribute to the total resource consumption and overall cost (economic and
otherwise) required to develop a recommendation.

It would be helpful to have agreement on this final wording in the next day
or so since it will be used as a basis for the first WPM-DT test that will
be performed in the next seven days (see separate email).

I understand, from our discussion today, that Olga will formally ask for
team consensus on both Step 1 and Step 2.

Regards,

Ken

P.S.  A separate email will be forthcoming regarding the Step 1 Project List
consolidation (names, definitions, abbreviations) and the team's approach
for Step 3-Testing Rating Methodologies.