ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

[gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Draft Council Resolution and Timeline--REVISED

  • To: "'Olga Cavalli'" <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Draft Council Resolution and Timeline--REVISED
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:05:36 -0400

WPM Team Members:

I would like to make a couple of minor changes to the latest draft
Resolution (see below) ? no changes to substance:

1)      In the GOP, I am hoping to differentiate between ?chapters? and
?sections? to clarify terminology.   In that regard, the WPM-DT is
submitting ?Chapter 6 and its accompanying ANNEX? vs. ?Section 6.?   I made
that correction and pasted a new Resolution below.

2)      I embedded the document links that were ?TBD? in the earlier draft.

Olga ? your recount of actions matches what I understand the team to have
decided.   It would appear that, unless Jaime has any final comments, the
Council email letter is ready to go this afternoon with a motion (and
Resolution) on Monday.   I believe that Olga was going to move and Jaime
second.

Re:  Monday?s call, Chuck?s idea makes sense to me that, maybe 3 hours
before 1900 UTC (or 1600 UTC), via the list, a decision is made Y or N to
hold or cancel the session.   Based on the team?s progress thus far, it
doesn?t appear that it will be needed?

Ken

===

RESOLUTION:

WHEREAS, the ICANN Policy Staff prepared and delivered to the GNSO Council a
2008-2009 Work Team Attendance Study which confirmed that volunteer
participation has been suffering and languishing;

WHEREAS, the GNSO Council, considering the advice of Staff, organized a
Drafting Team at the Seoul ICANN meeting for the purpose of developing a
GNSO Work Prioritization model and procedure;

WHEREAS, the Work Prioritization Model Drafting Team (WPM-DT) has completed
its deliberations and developed a written procedure recommended for
inclusion in the GNSO Operating Procedures as Chapter 6 plus an accompanying
ANNEX <http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/wpmg-section-6-and-annex-09apr10-en.pdf>
;

WHEREAS, the WPM-DT has developed a timeline of activities (see below) that
it recommends be adopted in order that the first Work Prioritization effort
can be completed by the ICANN Brussels meeting;

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT:

RESOLVED, that the GNSO Council accepts the deliverable of the WPM-DT,
thanks the team for its efforts, and approves the use of Chapter 6 and the
ANNEX <http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/wpmg-section-6-and-annex-09apr10-en.pdf>
for conducting its first Work Prioritization effort.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council directs Staff to commence a
twenty-one (21) day public comment period on this amendment to the GNSO
Operating Procedures and reserves the right to modify the procedures
described in Chapter 6 and the ANNEX
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/wpmg-section-6-and-annex-09apr10-en.pdf>
after the conclusion of both the public comment period and the first Work
Prioritization effort.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council supports the recommended timeline
(see below) for conducting the first Work Prioritization effort and directs
the GNSO Secretariat to make arrangements consistent with its dates and
activities.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council take action on Chapter 6 and the
ANNEX <http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/wpmg-section-6-and-annex-09apr10-en.pdf>
with regard to the GNSO Operating Procedures as soon as possible after
completion and analysis of the first Work Prioritization effort.

TIMELINE FOR FIRST WORK PRIORITIZATION EFFORT

Dates

Activities (per proposed ANNEX to Chapter 6
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/wpmg-section-6-and-annex-09apr10-en.pdf> )

26-30 April

ANNEX Step 1:  Staff to prepare recommendations for Eligible and
Non-Eligible Projects and associated classifications

3-12 May

Chair asks for Council approval (via email list) to adopt or modify Staff?s
recommendations (complete 8 days in advance of Council meeting)

20 May Council Meeting

Eligible Projects List approved by Council

21-31 May

ANNEX Step 2:   Individual Councilor ratings completed (10 calendar days)

1-11 June

ANNEX Step 2.3:  Staff consolidates ratings and analyzes for commonality;
prepares for Step 3.

19 June (or 20 June)

ANNEX Step 3:   Group Session (2 hours) to determine Value ratings

Brussels Council Meeting

ANNEX Step 4:   Approve final ratings/priorities and direct that results be
published at gnso.icann.org.