ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

Re: [gnso-wpm-dt] Email list - Development of Criteria for Initiating New Projects

  • To: Olga Cavalli <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-wpm-dt] Email list - Development of Criteria for Initiating New Projects
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:18:00 +0100

Thanks Olga,

In light of what was said this lunch time, I wonder if part of the work of this
group has not become rather moot.

I would love to have the group's thoughts on this. There was a clear request
for the leadership of the Council to take a stronger stance on dropping
projects that are not deemed top priority. I am sure that Olga, Jeff and myself
are willing to take a stab at this, but this does differ from what was said
during the weekend sessions when this group was created, which was that we
would still base our ratings on a model.

As the previous model is unworkable at this stage and needs refinement, perhaps
this group should focus on that: simplifying the model and making it good for
Council consumption, while in the interim the leadership team starts to
prioritize projects on its own as requested by the Council today.

Thoughts?

Stéphane