ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] Updated tables and next meeting timing

  • To: "Mawaki Chango" <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] Updated tables and next meeting timing
  • From: "J. Scott Evans" <j.scott.evans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:46:57 -0400

I disagree.  It would be too simple for a group seeking to represent a small
unsophisticated group to choose a string that is clearly targeted to that
group by simply NOT specifiying they are targeting that group.  There will
be some strings that by themselves demonstrate by implication an intention
to target a specific group (ie, Maori)or .souix).  For this reason, I fear
Ray's suggestion is far too narrow.

J. Scott Evans