ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] Open issues for next New gTLD meeting

  • To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gtld-council] Open issues for next New gTLD meeting
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:27:29 -0400

Hi,

So that conversations could be ongoing for the next week, I wanted to send an email with the list of topics I see as being on the next agenda. Of course more topics might develop during the week.

- Wording consistency between Rec #3 and rec #6 (ref Liz's question)

- Are dispute panel procedures a matter of yes/no decisions or a mediation process (ref Bruce's email on Rec #20)

- Use of 'detriment' versus 'material harm' in IG P. I have addded this one to the list because the discussion was rushed at the end of the meeting. I believe that 'detriment' has greater support then 'material harm' and I have included it in the recommendation chart. However, I personally support the use of 'detriment' and since I want to be sure that my support for one choice does not prejudice my perceptions of which has greater support in the committee, I would like to reopen this discussion for a week.

- any new implementation questions that the staff comes up with, esp on numbers 6, 20, P and Q.

and any other issues that emerge on the list during the week.

The updated recommendation table will be coming out shortly.

thanks
a.