ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Updated new TLDs Report + timeline

  • To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Updated new TLDs Report + timeline
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:41:55 +0200

Colleagues

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard over the last few weeks to complete the consultations about the new TLDs principles, recommendations and implementation guidelines.

The updated draft of the new TLDs Final Report Part A will be sent in a separate mail -- it is a large file and needs special attention.

Could I ask that you review the text of the Principles, Recommendations and Implementation Guidelines to ensure that the Report reflects the latest agreed text from the most recent conference calls (and the last 30 minutes of discussion with Chuck and Kristina)? Could I also ask that you review the explanatory text which has been substantially amended to reflect what I have interpreted as the Committee's deliberations on many issues. You will also see incorporated into the body of the text the mix of comments from the NCUC and from Avri (as her personal comments).

If you pick up other editing that needs amending, please provide me with the page and section number so I can make quick adjustments? Note that I have amended IG H to read "External dispute providers will give decisions on objections." Using the word "objection" rather than "complaint" seemed more consistent with our objections- based process.

Next steps & timeline. Avri and I had spoke this morning and have established the following timeline which will ensure that we have a public comment period before the Council votes on the recommendations. Those public comments will be included in the Board Report and will also be available in time for the Council to consider them prior to voting on the recommendations.

1. New TLDs Draft Final Report Part A is now open for Committee comment for one week - 30 July to 6 August

2. 6 August -- Committee meeting. Meeting details will be send separately

3.  9 August -- 20 day public comment period begins

4.  29 August -- public comment period ends

5. 31 August -- release of synopis of public comments for GNSO Council to take into account at its 6 September meeting

6.  6 September -- GNSO Council meeting to vote on recommendations.

Part B is now being updated and will be released in conjunction with Part A after the Committee has voted on the recommendations.

Kind regards and thanks for the intensive work over the last couple of weeks.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels