ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

NO NO NO to .XXX

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: NO NO NO to .XXX
  • From: Mike South <mikesouth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:56:18 -0400

I am a 20 year industry veteran, I operate about 40 websites and I STRONGLY oppose the .xxx top level domain. There is no need for it and it will create more problems than it could possibly solve. It will be used as a political tool and that must not be allowed to happen.

If you really want to protect "children" on the internet a .kids domain is MUCH more viable.

This tld has been voted down what? 3? 4 times?

Doesn't it say something that both the Bush Administration and the adult industry opposed this abomination?

I urge you to send Stuart Lawley and ICM Registry packing once and for all.

Listen to the people not the snake oil salesmen. KILL this idea for good.

Mike South

A Gun Totin, Libertarian Pornographer