ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idngtld-petition]

IDN-gTLD Constituency, Support and some answers to Fundamental Challenges/Philip Sheppard's comment

  • To: <idngtld-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IDN-gTLD Constituency, Support and some answers to Fundamental Challenges/Philip Sheppard's comment
  • From: "Shahram Soboutipour" <shahram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:32:27 +0430

I do support IDN-gTLD constituency formation because of these reasons and
have some answers to Fundamental
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/idngtld-petition/msg00012.html>  Challenges/
Philip Sheppard's comment:

1.       IDNs are various in languages, cultures, audiences, etc. where can
all these differentiations come and decide on their conflicting issues? I
remember IDN WG in ICANN later, but most of the group have been from Latin
based language where IDN is not so different from ASCII. So most of the
decisions have not been mature, and many issues did not ever bring up.

2.       We are talking about 200+ languages. Don't you think the issues
will much more than ASCII domains?

3.       I believe that IDNs are forming the new Internet face in a new way.
The new internet would be all-languages property, not just
English-speaking's.

4.       I finally support IDN-gTLD fast track in addition to ccTLD fast
track.

Regards,

Shahram Soboutipour

Public Interest Registry