ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

RE: [jig] Questions for clarifications from ICANN staff re JIG Final Report

  • To: "'Bart Boswinkel'" <bart.boswinkel@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Jian Zhang'" <jian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [jig] Questions for clarifications from ICANN staff re JIG Final Report
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:05:47 +0800

Hi Bart,

Thank you for passing the document along.

Hi Kurt,

At our JIG meeting yesterday, we discussed briefly the document prepared and
would like to connect with you on exploring how we may be of assistance to
the implementation of the Single Character IDN TLDs report we had produced.

Upon first reading, it seems that the general understanding is reflective of
our recommendations.  There are some areas however where we wonder if the
staff team had understood the intentions clearly.  Most importantly that the
report was not intended to be a fully standalone document given the
multitude of "moving parts" still in the new gTLD process as was the time of
its writing.

In any case, we would like to see if perhaps your time may work for a
meeting in Singapore to further clarify some of the items and to also
explore how we could best support the implementation.

I will be arriving into Singapore late today (jun 15) and will stay through
the ICANN week and leave early Saturday, Jun 25.

Looking forward to meeting up on this in Singapore.

Edmon