ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

"No" to copyright enforcement of domains

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: "No" to copyright enforcement of domains
  • From: Seth Fogarty <sfogarty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:40:41 -0500

The rules proposed by the Intellectual Property Constituency would be
ineffective as a tool of enforcement, and only useful as a tool of
harassment and censorship. They are based on questionable practices
and offer only overhead and expense to the management of .net domains.

--
Seth Fogarty
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called