ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

Objections to the comments filed by the Intellectual Property Constituency

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Objections to the comments filed by the Intellectual Property Constituency
  • From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 15:42:45 -0400

As a private individual who has been registering domains since the days when
they were available free of charge, I strongly object to the comments filed by
the Intellectual Property Constituency. I have been the subject of multiple
takedown requests from the MPAA due to people sending email and usenet messages
with a forged from address of somewhere.com. The ease with which the government
and corporations are able to take down domains is already ridiculous; further
reducing both my privacy and my ownership rights serves only those with
illegitimate property claims. Fair use and culpability should be determined in
a court of law, not a server room.