ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtlds-comms-plan]

How Do We Raise Global Awareness of New gTLDs?

  • To: new-gtlds-comms-plan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: How Do We Raise Global Awareness of New gTLDs?
  • From: Paul Foody <paulfoody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:32:35 -0700

Dear Sirs

Given ICANN's failure to incorporate a suggestion I first made in Mexico, 2009
and have repeated at least once at every subsequent ICANN meeting, please send
an email to every existing domain registrant advising them of ICANN's new gTLD
plans.

The email should also outline the new ".XXX" and how it will affect, or not,
existing domains and perhaps provide an explanation why, given ICANN's claims
that new gTLDs were part of its original mandate, this email was not sent
immediately following ICANN's formation over 12 years ago or even after the new
gTLD approval at Paris in 2008.

Faithfully.

Paul Foody