ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] URGENT - Expression of interest - GNSO NCPH January 2013 Inter-Sessional Planning

  • To: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] URGENT - Expression of interest - GNSO NCPH January 2013 Inter-Sessional Planning
  • From: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:36:37 -0400

Dear Alain,

Thank you for sending out this call so promptly regarding attendance at the
GNSO NCPH Inter-sessional Meeting; by this email I am submitting my
expression of interest in attending on behalf of NPOC.

Given the importance of GNSO changes to our constituency development I
believe that NPOC needs to have adequate and effective presence at this
meeting. Definitely, if selected it would be my pleasure to:
- represent and raise awareness of NPOC's views and objectives,
- explore creation of synergies with other constituencies within the GNSO
(the obvious being strengthening ties with NCUC to create a cohesive and
balanced voice of the NCSG; as well as liaising with the Non-Contracted
Parties House members in exploring synergies and other mechanisms of
outreach),
- lobby for additional resources (such as staff support, language and
translation services etc.) and representation (such as in NOMCOM)
particularly given Fadi Chehade's mandate and ICANN renewed focus on the
internet consumers and end-users,
- participate in the workshops with particular interest in DNS ecosystem
evolution,
- summary report to the NPOC members on take away items and suggested
mechanisms of ongoing effective participation.

I have been very active in ICANN working groups (including the Joint
Applicant Support Working Group, the Registrant Rights and Responsibilities
Working Group, the Framework of Interpretation Working Group) representing
the Internet Society Trinidad and Tobago Chapter and previously the
Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (two registered not for profit
companies). While my ICANN work as a representative of NPOC is relatively
new; I have avidly taken up the post of Vice-chair of NPOC, promoted NPOC
in other ICANN constituencies and the Internet Society, as well as
moderated the NPOC side session in Baku. My service to and engagement as a
representative will continue to grow as NPOC does.

I look forward to reading other expressions of interest to ensure we have a
strong NPOC team at this meeting.

With kind regards

Cintra Sooknanan