ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] New Year, New Momentum by Fadi Chehadé

  • To: npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] New Year, New Momentum by Fadi Chehadé
  • From: mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:34:11 -0600

---------------------------- Mensaje original ----------------------------
De:     "marie-laure Lemineur" <mllemineur@xxxxxxxxx>
Fecha:  Lun, 13 de Enero de 2014, 9:15 am
Para:   "mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM
To: "soac-infoalert@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-infoalert@xxxxxxxxx>

http://blog.icann.org/2014/01/new-year-new-momentum/

*New Year, New Momentum*

by Fadi Chehadé on January 10, 2014
At ICANN, we begin 2014 with a management “base camp” for executive staff
to gather, take stock and get ready for the next phase of intense
activities. It follows ICANN’s December holiday, during which the staff and
I took time to step back from the frenzy of daily work and spend time with
family and friends.

Holding this base camp so close to our return from the holiday was
intentional. The time to recharge and reflect is an important part of
ensuring forward progress. As the poet Kahlil Gibran wrote, “the mountain
to the climber is clearer from the plain.”

This trimester, of all the areas I’ll focus on, I will personally zero in
on four. First and foremost, I am focused on management and human resources
development, an important facet for a growing organization. We recently
created our first HR development program to foster staff’s professional
growth. This will also be a personal goal for me, to coach and work closely
with the executive team and other managers to encourage continued
professional development.

Second, we are working diligently to design and operationalize the first
ICANN Executive Management Dashboard. At base camp, we will finalize the
dashboard’s list of key performance indicators for each ICANN
objective/goal. The dashboard will provide our managers the ability to gain
real-time insights into our performance, thus enhancing decision-making and
optimizing operational performance.

The third area I will focus on is strengthening the ICANN technical and
technology staff profile and resources. Among my objectives is to complete
the search for a new head of technical operations.

And lastly, I will stay engaged in the global discussions of Internet
governance and what ICANN’s role should be in this evolving ecosystem.

As you may have heard, I plan to split my residence this year among the
cities in which ICANN has operational hubs. From mid-February through
April, I will be based in the Singapore hub. Later this year, I will also
relocate to Istanbul. I am excited to join our staff in bringing ICANN to
the world.

Happy new year!

Glen de Saint Géry

GNSO Secretariat

gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://gnso.icann.org

Momentum by Fadi Chehadé<br>To: &quot;<a
href="mailto:soac-infoalert@xxxxxxxxx";>soac-infoalert@xxxxxxxxx</a>&quot;
&lt;<a
href="mailto:soac-infoalert@xxxxxxxxx";>soac-infoalert@xxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;<br>
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><a
 href="http://blog.icann.org/2014/01/new-year-new-momentum/";
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">New
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">by Fadi Chehadé on
January 10, 2014<br>
At ICANN, we begin 2014 with a management “base camp” for executive staff to
gather, take stock and get ready for the next phase of intense activities. It
follows ICANN’s December holiday, during which the staff and I took time to
step back from the frenzy of daily work and spend time with family and
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Holding this base
camp so close to our return from the holiday was intentional. The time to
recharge and reflect is an important part of ensuring forward progress. As the
poet Kahlil Gibran wrote, “the mountain to the climber is clearer from the
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">This trimester, of
all the areas I’ll focus on, I will personally zero in on four. First and
foremost, I am focused on management and human resources development, an
important facet for a growing organization. We recently created our first HR
development program to foster staff’s professional growth. This will also be a
personal goal for me, to coach and work closely with the executive team and
other managers to encourage continued professional
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Second, we are
working diligently to design and operationalize the first ICANN Executive
Management Dashboard. At base camp, we will finalize the dashboard’s list of
key performance indicators for each ICANN objective/goal. The dashboard will
provide our managers the ability to gain real-time insights into our
performance, thus enhancing decision-making and optimizing operational
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">The third area I
will focus on is strengthening the ICANN technical and technology staff profile
and resources. Among my objectives is to complete the search for a new head of
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">And lastly, I will
stay engaged in the global discussions of Internet governance and what ICANN’s
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">As you may have
heard, I plan to split my residence this year among the cities in which ICANN
has operational hubs. From mid-February through April, I will be based in the
Singapore hub. Later this year, I will also relocate to Istanbul. I am excited
 class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Glen
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">GNSO
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><a
 href="mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><a
 href="http://gnso.icann.org";
class="MsoNormal">
soac-infoalert mailing list<br>