ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] notice of elections Executive Committee and request for nominations

  • To: npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] notice of elections Executive Committee and request for nominations
  • From: mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 06:18:22 -0500

Dear community members,

On 10 July 2014, the current executive committee´s  term will end. In
order to ensure a timely transition based on the Charter´s rules, we need
to commence the election process.

The proposed election schedule is as follows:

April 14 : Notice of Elections Posted  and Request for Nominations
April 14 : Open Nominations for Candidates
May 13  : Close Nominations for Candidates (made & accepted with a public
statement)  (see details  below)
June 12 :  Begin Voting
June 26 :  End Voting
June 28 :  Announce Election Results
July 10 :   Term Begins

Voting will occur via email ballot from 13-27 June since provision 8.2.1
of our Charter requires us to post the notice for elections and
nominations for a minimum of 60 calendar days prior to the start of any
election and as per provision 9.5.3, the vote shall be open for 15
calendar days.

ICANN will manage the electronic voting system.

Candidate statement should include:

-Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
-Any conflicts of interest;
-Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position;
-Qualifications for the position; and
-Statement of availability for the time the position requires.
-The nominee’s statement may also include any other information that the
candidate believes is relevant.

2/ Voting members:

As per the Charter,  the membership committee is in charge of updating the
list of active members since only active members are eligible for voting.
Therefore, Sam Lanfranco, our Membership Chair, we will soon initiate the
process to register who are our active members.

3/ Positions:

The following 6 leadership positions are opened for elections :

-Chair
-Vice Chair
-Policy Chair
-Communication Chair
-Membership Chair
-Secretariat

Should you have any questions or comments regarding the process, please do
not hesitate to further contact me,

Kind regards,

Marie-laure