ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Net Neutrality: What is it, Why does it Matter, and Where are we Going?

  • To: "npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx NPOC" <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Net Neutrality: What is it, Why does it Matter, and Where are we Going?
  • From: Sam Lanfranco <lanfran@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:18:27 -0400

NPOC colleagues,

One of the policy issues that was on the table at the Brazilian NETmundial meetings was the issue of Net Neutrality. [/It almost fell off the table!/]

I have written a plain language (non-technical, minimal jargon) posting about Net Neutrality issues to help with awareness and engagement in the dialogues that surround the Internet ecosystem, the challenges of Internet governance, and the role of multi-stakeholder approaches to policy dialogue, policy formulation, implementation strategies (including monitoring and assessment) and the capture of lessons learned for future rounds of policy dialogue, policy formation, implementation strategies, monitoring, assessment, lessons learned, and...well...you get it ...right?

The goal is a broader and deeper stakeholder awareness and engagement in Internet ecosystem issues. The blog is at: samlanfranco.blogspot.ca -or- you can request a 3-page pdf file copy from me.

Regards, Sam L
/NPOC and Canadian Society for International Health///

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran@xxxxxxxx   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852