ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] NPOC Election results 2014 - new Excom team

  • To: NPOC membership <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] NPOC Election results 2014 - new Excom team
  • From: Rudi Vansnick <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:38:27 +0200

Dear NPOC members,

Yet another year of elections behind us, we will establish the new NPOC Excom
on July 10th, as is defined in the election process.
It is my pleasure to thank all of you who has chosen the new team.
Congratulations to my colleagues on the Excom.

Before anything else I want to thank also the outgoing members of the Excom.
Especially Marie-Laure Lemineur (outgoing chair), Cintra Sooknanan (outgoing
vice-chair) and Poncelet Ileleji (outgoing secretary) for their commitment to
and engagement in our constituency in the past years.

In the next few days I will work out the plan for a larger and compelling
Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns constituency with some new focus points. We
all know ICANN is moving into a period of convergence and will soon have to
face more challenges with regards the governance of it’s own environment.
Enlarging the scope of our mission seems to me an absolute requirement based on
experiences of the last 12 months. Below my first 4 topics I would like to
concentrate on :
engage in the outreach process to NGO’s and non-for-profit organisations, thus
increasing the participation of this community;
reform the membership registration procedure allowing thus our candidate
members to have a profound follow-up once registered;
enlarge the scope of our committees into regional entities, with focus on
regional and local issues;
enhance the mission and objectives of NPOC based on the profound input and
requirements of our members;

As you can see, the plan is quite ambitious although I’m convinced all my
colleagues will engage themselves to execute this plan with exemplary
commitment. We are still looking for a few colleagues to join the different
vacant positions. We will publish in about 2 weeks from now a nomination
process as is defined in our charter prospecting new candidates for these
positions. Do not hesitate to contact us in case you have questions about these
positions.

I’m looking forward to meet you at any occasion, will it be at an ICANN meeting
or any other event. Please call on me if you have questions, ideas or remarks
to express.

Warm regards,

Rudi Vansnick
Chair Non-for-Profit Operational Concerns constituency (NPOC)
www.npoc.org

rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxxx
Tel : +32 (0)9 329 39 16 - Mobile : +32 (0)475 28 16 32