ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc]

[npoc] Re: [EC-NCSG] pending NCSG membership applications - votes & comments

  • To: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc] Re: [EC-NCSG] pending NCSG membership applications - votes & comments
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:43:23 -0400

Dear Robin,

No offense taken.

I hope my clarification was sufficient.

What maybe needs further explaining, is that NPOC does active recruiting
and it would be nonsensical for NPOC to invite an NGO/NFP to apply for NCSG
membership and then refuse them membership in NPOC! So, de facto as the
form and process now stands, when NCSG approves a member recruited by NPOC,
it becomes an NPOC member. That is what I mean by APPROVED FOR NPOC
membership, because I don't mean APPROVED FOR NCUC membership. For
instance, Bytes for Pakistan (spelling?) was not recruited by NPOC, so I
APPROVE FOR NCUC membership was my statement.

This is also required because the current NCSG application template is in
need of improvement (as we agreed in Toronto during the NCSG-EC meeting and
we do not wish for an NPOC-recruited member to become inadvertently  an
NCUC member because of a template snafu (or booby trap as Klaus calls
them!) or misreading by applicant. Remember for instance the British Red
Cross, clearly recruited by NPOC, ended up as an NCUC applicant.

Finally, since we have not agreed on a one step (NPOC's preference) or two
step process (NCUC's preference), these clarifying comments during approval
are useful in my mind and clearly establishe which Constituency the
applicant joins, in case of any doubt.

Thanks and I hope you understand, Alain