ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06: Updated Administrative Matters

  • To: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06: Updated Administrative Matters
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:09:36 +0100

Dear Colleagues

This note answers a couple of questions which people have posed.

1. Length of meeting. We are particularly constrained by both the current broader schedule of ICANN meetings and the necessity for remote participants to be able to dial in at reasonable times. Can I suggest we conduct the initial meeting between 0800 and 0900? We will have a little margin for running over time taking us to 0930 which is the time the GNSO Council meeting proper is due to start.

2. Timing and work plan. The timings I sent around in the first note were italicised to indicate that they are both in draft and need to be agreed at the first meeting. The only agreed dates are the public comment period and constituency statements due on 30 April which was voted upon at the last Council call.

3. Charter. I would expect that the TF Charter will be agreed at the first meeting even though the current TF guidelines propose a different schedule. It is too difficult, practically, to do that before the Wellington meeting although I would expect that the Terms of Reference as currently drafted would be agreed as the Charter in tandem with the TF guidelines.

4. Chair. Yes. Chair will be appointed by an election. TF chair does not have to be a member of the Council.

5. TF members 1. All Councillors are members of the TF. It was an omission to leave Sophia off the list. Already rectified.

6. TF members 2. Alistair Dixon is already an observer. Please notify the Secretariat when that changes and what the new BC representation will be after the Wellington meeting.

7. A new template, to reflect Ross' suggestions and improvements, will be distributed at the meeting.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor