[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Update

• To: liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx, pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Update
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:00:26 -0400

<html><div style='background-color:'><DIV class=RTE>
<P>Dear Liz</P>
<P>I'm sorry to hear that the chair has an emergency. I hope that she and her family 
are okay! </P>
<P>Howeverk,the 20th is really not possible for me. Like others who&nbsp;volunteer time 
to ICANN, &nbsp;I've booked things for that week becasue this week was heavy on ICANN events: 
TF PDP 06 and Council call. And there is an ICANN Congressional hearing on the 20th, as well. So, 
that day is very very bad. </P>
<P>But, emergencies happen, and I have had my share with my father's passing.&nbsp; 
So, I do want to make some constructive suggestions about how to progress work, even in an 
emergency absence of the Chair of the TF. </P>
<P>I suggest a different appraoch: We could also proceed with having the call on the 
13th, and ask the V.P. of Policy to manage the agenda and work on the adminstrative planning 
aspects of the agenda.&nbsp; That can perhaps be done in an hour of the original call, but 
at least show that the TF isn't trying to avoid dealing with its responsiblities. and provide 
reassurance to the Board and the General Counsel that there is a community commitment to 
progressing the work. </P>
<P>Then, we can work on a reschedule for the following week on discussion of 
materials that Liz is suggesting that she has not yet delivered re expert materials, etc. 
</P>
<P>However, in proposing rescheduiling,&nbsp;staff should provide at least&nbsp;two 
options next week and perhaps the last week of Sept., espedicially when such short notice&nbsp; is 
given, due to emergency unavailability of the chair of the TF. </P>
<P>I guess we shoudl also discuss some mechanism by which the Council chair steps in in 
emergencies and chairs.&nbsp; </P>
<P>So, two concrete proposals: proceed with call, divide the agenda. SEcondly, 
&nbsp;reschedule with more than one option for the TF members to choose from. </P>
<P>Marilyn Cade</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #a0c6e5 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 
0px"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,sans-serif">
<HR color=#a0c6e5 SIZE=1>

<DIV></DIV>From:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>Liz Williams &lt;liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx&gt;</I><BR>To:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</I><BR>Subject:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>[pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Update</I><BR>Date:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:32:34 +0200</I><BR>&gt;Colleagues<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;There has been some discussion about the next conference call to&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&gt;progress the work of the group.&nbsp;&nbsp;The Chair has advised us that, for&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&gt;personal family reasons, she is unavailable.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Given the short notice of the change, I propose that we schedule the <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;next call for Wednesday 20 Sept at the same time.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Could you please notify the GNSO Secretariat, off the list, of your&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&gt;availability for the call next week?&nbsp;&nbsp;We need to ensure that there <BR>&gt;is&nbsp;&nbsp;quorum for the meeting.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;I have attached a draft agenda which will be confirmed at the&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&gt;beginning of the meeting.&nbsp;&nbsp;I will distribute a draft of the Expert&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&gt;Materials and a proposed work plan for the group by the end of the <BR>&gt;week.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Kind regards.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Liz<BR>&gt;.....................................................<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Liz Williams<BR>&gt;Senior Policy Counselor<BR>&gt;ICANN - Brussels<BR>&gt;+32 2 234 7874 tel<BR>&gt;+32 2 234 7848 fax<BR>&gt;+32 497 07 4243 mob<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>
<P>&gt;&lt;&lt; TFFeb0620SeptMeeting.doc &gt;&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;<BR>
<P></FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE></div></html>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy