ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] DoC Approved .com Agreement

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] DoC Approved .com Agreement
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:11:04 -0500

Whether or not your assertion is right (i.e, that the task force does
not address these questions), the fundamental questions I have raised
are crucial to the work of the task force.  Why continue working on
items that are outside the scope?  Ignoring the fundamental flaw will
not make it go away.

I suppose the Task Force can hypothesize as much as it wants on
conditions that it would like to see imposed on registry operators if
that is what it chooses to do, but at the end of the day, that
discussion will be just academic.  It cannot apply to .com and .net or
any of the other existing registries.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Sr. Director, Law, Advanced Services  & Business Development

NeuStar, Inc.