ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdt-messages]

Condolences

  • To: pdt-messages@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Condolences
  • From: Dr Richard Benton <richard.benton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:54:08 +1200

Dear Peter

We've never met, but I'm a long-standing member of the Internet Society and learned of your link to the dreadful accident reported in the Radio NZ news today through a message from the society's Pacific Islands chapter. I can empathise with you from personal experience as my eldest son and his new bride were killed in a plane crash, also the result of another person's human error, ten years ago. My family send you our truly heartfelt sympathy, and will remember you in our prayers. There is probably not much else that we can do to help you at this time, but if there is, please let us know.

Aroha nui ki a koutou ko tô whânau katoa,

           Richard Benton

Dr Richard A Benton
P.O. Box 33, Ngaruawahia, Waikato 3742
Aotearoa / New Zealand