ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Another abusive monopoly in the making...

  • To: <revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Another abusive monopoly in the making...
  • From: "Sitebuddy" <chrisd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:49:01 -0700

I'm a small business owner.
Verisign has always and consistently been a terrible company to deal with.
>From SSL, Domain name fees,  and customers support they have consistently
tried to keep prices arbitrarily high, without adding value in return.

If left un-check, Verisign, will continue it's guest to destroy its
competitions. Not by offering anything better or innovation but with
acquisitions, monopolies and other un-ethical business techniques.

For instance when Verisign acquired registrars.com, I had a Registrars
reseller account with 300 domains. I ended up with 100s of individual
account with random passwords (and complex processes to get the new
passwords) and 0 profit. In summary, it took weeks of man hours to keep face
with my customers and we lost all income from those domain names.

Most in the small businesses in the industry know this about Verisign.

ICANN needs to review the proposed settlement to include much more
completive incentives.

Happy Webbing,
Chris D