ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Website Costs

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Website Costs
  • From: Jennifer Trifeld <jtrifeld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:59:22 -0800 (PST)

  I just read this article and must say I don?t understand the reasoning:

  http://www.thehostingnews.com/article2044.html

  Can someone please help me understand that domain names are expensive for
small businesses and therefore any increase will hurt a small business? I own a
half-dozen names and they cost like $15 a year. How is that expensive? Given
what I spend on rent, employees, marketing and materials, domain name costs are
an afterthought. What would be costly is if my website went down. That would
cost me business. I hope the decision makers hear do the right thing, which is
whatever will keep my website up and running.

  Jennifer Trifeld