ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[rfi-domaintasting]

RFI ON DOMAIN TASTING 16 QUESTION REVIEW

  • To: <rfi-domaintasting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RFI ON DOMAIN TASTING 16 QUESTION REVIEW
  • From: "Katty Castillo" <kcastillo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:33:45 -0600

Dear Sirs:

Please find our responses in regards to the RFI involving 16 questions at this
site http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-10aug07.htm:

1.      G. Intellectual Property Rights Owner Representative
2.      All of the above since Domain Tasting could be a tool that could reduce
costs if someone determines that a domain registration will not be profitable.
3.      None
4.      If there is no cross reference with registered trademarks worldwide,
this could be used as an illegal means to register domain names that are
already well-known marks on behalf of the real owners.
5.      No. In Costa Rica there is no such practice available at the Academia
Nacional de Ciencias-entity in charge of domain management and registration in
our country.
6.      We have one Client whose main mark was registered as domain name in the
form of INCAE.INFO.  We have no idea if the current owner used Domain Tasting
or not when it registered it.
7.      No.
8.      None.
9.      N/A
10.     N/A
11.     Of course.  If the service is for free, everyone would be interested in
trying it out.
12.     Yes.  There should be always a cost involved.
13.     The fee should be high instead (US$100) so that unlawful use could be
prevented.
14.     As addressed in question 6, one client tried to registered and
discovered that the name had already been taken by an entity that sells domain
names.  Its reputation in the business education field-main practice of this
entity-is being affected by the wrongful image that the site INCAE.INFO is
bringing on its service provision image (high quality education in the field of
business management mainly).
15.     None.
16.     It would be highly appreciate if the time response frame could be
improved.  We entered a claim in the Internic website on Aug. 23 and have not
received so far a response as how to solve the situation that we addressed.

Any additional information or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Jorge Tristán
Facio & Cañas - Faycamark
Apdo. 8-3720-1000
San José, Costa Rica
Tel. +(506) 256-5555 ext. 724
Fax.+(506) 255-1950
jtristan@xxxxxxxxx
faycamark@xxxxxxxxx

Esta comunicación (incluidos sus anexos) contiene información legal
privilegiada y confidencial para el uso exclusivo del destinatario.  Su
lectura, divulgación, distribución, diseminación, copia u otro uso por terceras
personas están prohibidos.  Si usted ha recibido esta comunicación por error,
le rogamos borrar el mensaje original y comunicárnoslo de inmediato a esta
dirección electrónica.

This communication (attachments included) contains legal information which is
privileged and confidential.  It is for the exclusive use of the addressee.
Reading, disclosure, distribution, dissemination, copying or use by others
thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication by
error, please delete the original message and alert us immediately by reply
e-mail.