ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Proposed Settlement with Verisign

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed Settlement with Verisign
  • From: "Rick Kosick" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:40:36 -0500

I own a small ISP in Pennsylvania. We are the registrar for nearly 1000 domains and this decision will cause us quite an impact.

First, I don't quite understand why 7% needs to be the amount increased each year. What are the costs involved in doing what Verisign does? Possibly this contract needs to be placed out for bidding so other companies have the opportunity to perform this function.

It is simply rediculas that everything relating to the Internet, including bandwidth, hardware, software, etc have gotten notably less expensive and the act of placing a name in a database needs to be increased 7% yearly?

I'm asking ICANN to not sign this settlement. This would cause me and my customers a headache that is just unnecessary for everyone.

ICANN, another option must be available other than this one.
===
Rick Kosick
StarLinX Technical Services