ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Settlement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Settlement
  • From: "Tom Mead" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:50:34 -0500

I read with interest that the Verisign - ICANN legal fight is over. As
someone who depends on a reliable and secure Internet to conduct the bulk of
my business I am glad that both parties can finally put aside their
differences and get back to what is important: addressing the complex
security and stability issues that will increasingly confront the Internet
as it becomes an even more global business platform.

While I am not enthusiastic about the prospect of higher registration fees,
in reality such fees are a small fraction of my overall IT budget and will
have little impact on my business.