ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Approve the settlement

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Approve the settlement
  • From: "Mason Dyer" <mooseisloose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:56:49 -0500

I?m no tech guru, but I support the proposed ICANN-Verisign settlement. Let?s look at the big picture here. Litigation ultimately drives up costs for consumers and stifles innovation. I certainly don?t think the internet should be marshaled by the UN, as some would suggest. Taking a business-oriented approach, as this settlement does, lets market forces reign and benefits consumers and users through a secure, stable internet. I urge you to approve this agreement and keep .com out of litigation and the internet out of the hands of the UN.

M. Dyer