ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [GAC] [soac-mapo] RE: Note of GAC position on paying for objections

  • To: "Evan Leibovitch" <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, "Bertrand de La Chapelle" <bdelachapelle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [GAC] [soac-mapo] RE: Note of GAC position on paying for objections
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:21:02 -0400

It seems to me that there is quite a bit of support for a recommendation like
the following:  "ICANN Advisory Groups should be able to file a dispute without
paying a fee and any responses to such disputes would also be allowed without
fees."  Does anyone object to such a recommendation?  Please feel free to
suggest edits.

Margie - Please capture this as a possible recommendation for the report.

I appreciate the excellent discussion on issues like this one including the
debate on implementation details but I want to communicate a caution.  I do not
believe we have time to reach consensus or even rough consensus on very many
details for our report.  So my recommendation is that we consider a
recommendation something like this: "The Rec6 CWG recommends that the ICANN New
gTLD Implementation Team form a Recommendation 6 Community Implementation
Support Team (Rec6 CIST) to provide input to ICANN Implementation Staff as they
further refine implementation details for Recommendation 6."  I would hope then
that some members of the Rec6 CWG would volunteer to be a part of the Rec6 CIST
and share the detailed ideas that have been discussed.  This type of approach
was used in the past by the GNSO to assist in the implementation of recommended
policies.

Please let me know what you think of this approach.

Margie - Please list this as a possible recommendation for the report,
understanding at this point in time that it does not yet have any support.

Liz - Considering Margie's heavy load, would it make sense to assign another
Staff member to keep track of pending recommendations and group statements?

Chuck