ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [GAC] [soac-mapo] RE: fees

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [GAC] [soac-mapo] RE: fees
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:01:18 -0700

Chuck,

I support the first recommendation.   For clarity we should use the word
'objection' instead of 'dispute'  and we should be explicit that it's only for
Rec 6 objections.  Perhaps these words:

"ICANN Advisory Groups should be able to file an objection based on Rec 6
without paying a fee and any responses to such objection would also be allowed
without fees."

I'm not a fan of the CIST idea.   On the surface it sounds sensible, but,  I
think it would be of unwieldy size (almost everyone will want to be on it) and
I think the staff are well able to consult people/ groups when they need
implementation advice.   I'd rather we spend the remaining few days getting our
recommendations as clear and numerous as possible.

Thanks

RT