ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations

  • To: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:57:45 -0400

On 16 September 2010 08:08, Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with Chuck's one concern.  Other than that one sentence, I am very
> comfortable with Evan's high level formulation.  I fear that Mary's well
> thought out suggestion is too rich with implementation details causing
> disagreements on issues that we need not address.

If it will accelerate achieving consensus, I'm perfectly happy with the
elimination of the last sentence of my 4.3, or changing it to

"They will advise on applicability, and may recommend acceptance or
rejection of any particular string."

I'll leave it to Chuck's discretion whether to change the formulation for
presentation to the poll.

- Evan