ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations

• To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:15:08 -0700

I would definitely not want to change this wording to having the panel "recommend acceptance or rejection of any particular string."

The panel should provide its expertise and advice on the situation, but a recommendation to reject a string is a decision that belongs to the board alone.

Let's not re-open this issue of out-sourcing so close to finalizing these recs. Especially since this would be a material change of concern to a number of us in the community.

Thanks,
Robin

On Sep 16, 2010, at 6:57 AM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

On 16 September 2010 08:08, Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree with Chuck's one concern. Other than that one sentence, I am very comfortable with Evan's high level formulation. I fear that Mary's well thought out suggestion is too rich with implementation details causing disagreements on issues that we need not address.

If it will accelerate achieving consensus, I'm perfectly happy with the elimination of the last sentence of my 4.3, or changing it to

"They will advise on applicability, and may recommend acceptance or rejection of any particular string."

I'll leave it to Chuck's discretion whether to change the formulation for presentation to the poll.

- Evan

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
1192 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA  94117  USA
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy