ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations

  • To: "Robin Gross" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "soac-mapo" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:43:00 -0400

Robin,

I don't understand why you are suggesting that the out-sourcing issue is
being reopened.  You seem to be assuming more was resolved that I have
observed.  I have not seen any consensus view on outsourcing except that
there seems to be strong support for using third party experts.  And
there certainly has not been consensus on whether the experts should
give advice or recommendations although there does seem to be support
for that.  So what are you thinking is being reopened?

I do agree that there has been consensus that the Board makes the final
decision but having the experts give advice or make a recommendation for
Board consideration does not change that.

There shortly will be another Doodle Poll to determine levels of support
for various issues that we have been discussing related to these.

Chuck