ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:38:51 -0400

On 16 September 2010 12:43, Gomes, Chuck <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There shortly will be another Doodle Poll to determine levels of support
> for various issues that we have been discussing related to these.

BTW, I notice that the poll didn't ask for comment on my suggestion that
Issue 6 be eliminated. If there is agreeement on 4.4e that "The number of
experts to be consulted, the method of their selection and terms of their
engagement, are to be determined by the Board subject to these policies",
then the entire point behind issue 6 -- the relative merits of specific
experts -- becomes out of scope.

Perhaps Issue 6 could be replaced by a something along the lines of:

"The evolution of the AGB's Rec6 DRSP to the CWG's proposal of an expert
panel indicates that existing choices will need to be reconsidered in light
of the substantial changes in requirements and expectations."

- Evan

*
*