ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Expert Panel should give recommendation

  • To: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Expert Panel should give recommendation
  • From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:39:18 -0400

 Ken Stubbs wrote:
+1 Marilyn

On 9/20/2010 9:27 AM, Marilyn Cade wrote:
Right, while I haven't talked to you about this directly, Philip, my experience with experts and expert panels is that we should be clear. The purpose of having experts is to use their expertise and task them with study, anslysis, and providing recommendations, with background on what they considered in developing their recommendations. I also do not think that panels should be 'skimped' on.

 BUT, the Board, in my view, still holds the decision, even after
advice comes to them. Still they have to vote.