ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Question on your response to 5.4 polling in todays Rec6CWG

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "'soac-mapo'" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Question on your response to 5.4 polling in todays Rec6CWG
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:35:43 -0400

I don't see a swamp here. I see a very simple advisory process that provides
well-informed advice and information, and a mechanism by which the board takes
full responsibility for any decision to kill a TLD application by upholding an
objection.

You reinforce my concerns that the people who want the experts to "recommend"
are basically interested in insulating the Board from responsibility for making
the decision.