ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Question on your response to 5.4 polling in todays Rec6CWG

  • To: Milton Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>, soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Question on your response to 5.4 polling in todays Rec6CWG
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:01:12 -0400

Milton, I will only speak for myself.
I disagree that offering advice/recommendation insulates the Board. They own
the decisions. They vote. They are responsible. Having a well documented,
throughly studied report from experts doesn't change that. It does strengthen
their abilityto make decisions.
I would think in fact that they would be more likely to vote positively based
on the recommendations approach. I u nderstand that you see this differently
than I do. But, for what it is worth, my "why"...