ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] Comments on 4.2 and 5.4

  • To: Gisella Gruber-White <Gisella.Gruber-White@xxxxxxxxx>, Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] Comments on 4.2 and 5.4
  • From: Bertrand de La Chapelle <bdelachapelle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 00:33:58 +0200

Dear all,

As promised on the call, please find below comments regardig Rec 4.2 and
5.4.

On 4.2 : Some members of the group have highlighted the importance of not
giving the Board the responsibiity to pick and choose the individual experts
: were it done on a case by case basis, this could lead to a bias in the
selection of experts. The constitution of a permanent panel could be
explored.

On 5.4 : At least one participant in the working group highlighted that a
simple majority in the Board should not be sufficient to approve a string if
the recommendation of the expert panel is that the string is contrary to
principles of International law. A super majority should be required.

Best

Bertrand

PS : I have no objection about being quoted nominally, But we have not done
it anywhere else and I thought the above formulations are more neutral.

--
Bertrand de La Chapelle

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")