ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG - just a thought...

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG - just a thought...
  • From: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:57:21 -0700

Dear all,
Pondering how I could assist at this point, I started to look for potentially
informative background information - see a sample below. Yes, it was inspired
by Tony's mentioning of GKP - I just had to look that up for a start.
Do you find it useful to put such links (without trying to catch all -that
would become unwieldy) in the Wiki?
All the best
Olof
------------------------

Support organizations/programs
Special Programs and Funds for LDCs at http://www.unohrlls.org/en/ldc/178/
UN and civil society/NGOs cooperation regarding LDC at
http://www.unohrlls.org/en/partnerships/related/53/
GKP, Global Knowledge Partnership at
http://www.globalknowledgepartnership.org/index.cfm

Which applicants may need support?
Based on country origin?
LDC (Least Developed Countries) at http://www.unohrlls.org/en/ldc/related/62/
LDC criteria at http://www.unohrlls.org/en/ldc/related/59/
LLDC (Landlocked Developing Countries) at http://www.unohrlls.org/en/lldc/39/
LLDC description at http://www.unohrlls.org/en/lldc/31/
SIDS (Small Island Developing States) at http://www.unohrlls.org/en/sids/44/
SIDS description at http://www.unohrlls.org/en/sids/43/
Based on legal form?
Non-profit organizations - structure overview at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-profit_organizations
Non-governmental organizations - structure overview at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NGO
Based on orientation, goals?
Philanthropy, public interest......