ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] First JAS WG call - follow-up

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] First JAS WG call - follow-up
  • From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 16:54:43 +0900

Hello Everyone,

we have Avri and Evan nominated as co-chairs and you can nominate someone or
yourself till tomorrow confcall and the we can appoint the co-chairs.

Regarding discussion about WG objectives, it will be helpful to propose
concrete rewording. the best will be to approve the charter tomorrow too and
then ALAC and GNSO council to approve it too .
about the applications fees, I think that will be the most polemic part and
I am not sure that is under the scope of our WG. We had a long discussion
within GNSO council about that specific point:
"Resolved, that the GNSO Council supports the formation of a joint SO/AC
working group to respond to the Board’s request by developing a sustainable
approach to providing support to new gTLD applicants requiring assistance in
applying for and operating new gTLDS, keeping in mind the GNSO
Implementation guideline to recover the cost of new gTLD applications and
on-going services to new gTLDs, and the goal of not creating further delays
to the new gTLD process;"

Regards

Rafik