ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language

  • To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language
  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 22:34:03 +0300

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Completely agreed on all counts. And not only must we narrow down the
> criteria to identify those genuinely in need, we also need to install some
> reasonably effective anti-gaming mechanisms. For instance, charitable
> organizations that spring up for the sold purpose of operating TLDs -- even
> if located in lesser-developed countries -- might be reasonably suspected of
> being gaming attempts.

My earlier geo-location comment was informed by the current operators
locations reality http://icannwiki.org/Domain_Statistics, the monies
involved and price wars
http://www.domain-price-wars.com/ and whose costs are the de facto
reference point. I had no intention or motivation of attempting
gaming, however remotely.