ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2-Who

  • To: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2-Who
  • From: Baudouin SCHOMBE <b.schombe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:14:52 +0100

This option offers benefits to applicants, non-profit or non-commercial. It
can encourage these applicants to gradually open a huge market for gTLDs at
affordable prices.
The only problem is still in the migration to IPv6 but Afrinic is very
active on this migration.

As an act of "charity", I think the term is not really correct. Consideration
should be given a helping hand that is a motivating impulse. Among the
non-profit and non-commercial, there is also the vast majority of consumers.

I do not believe that "charity" can translate the reality of consumers who
generally refuse the paternalistic approaches.

SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN
COORDONNATEUR DU CENTRE AFRICAIN D'ECHANGE CULTUREL (CAFEC)
COORDONNATEUR NATIONAL REPRONTIC
MEMBRE FACILITATEUR GAID AFRIQUE
GNSO and NCUC MEMBER (ICANN)

Téléphone mobile: +243998983491/+243999334571
                          +243811980914
email:                   b.schombe@xxxxxxxxx
blog:                     http://akimambo.unblog.fr
siège temporaire : Boulevard du 30 juin Immeuble   Royal, Entrée A,7e
niveau.