ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2 - update from Andrew

  • To: "'Olof Nordling'" <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>, <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2 - update from Andrew
  • From: "Vanda UOL" <vanda@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:27:53 -0300

 Sounds ok the way it was done - I agree NGO is a tough group to support,
even in emerging countries ( I am part of one and head of several NGOs so I
have  quite a reasonable knowledge about it).

I would like to suggest we have a clear definition of the kind of  community
related to Internet we area looking for.

My suggestion is below. Colleagues may add / criticize  this and other
suggestions:

Kind of community I would like to assist:  NGO which could prove with its
previous work it has included  a relevant number of new users  into the
internet users in its country.

What I mean by relevant?  A:  a large number of new users, large as
proportional to the countries' population without access to internet

.         For the previous work let's say already included 0,01% of the
population of its country/(or region if the country is too populated)

.         For the results to achieve ( business plan to ask for assistance)
10 X more = 0,1% % of the population of its country/(or region if the
country is too populated)

Best

cid:image002.jpg@01C93E96.B7BF8BD0

Vanda Scartezini