ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2 - update from Andrew

  • To: Vanda UOL <vanda@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2 - update from Andrew
  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:38:55 +0300

I don't know if its only me but "NGO" rings "donor" organisation? If so,
then perhaps we may need to refer to social change agents as "Civil Society"
wiki definition:
*
*
*"Civil society* is composed of the totality of voluntary civic and social
organizations and institutions that form the basis of a functioning
society</wiki/Society> as
opposed to the force-backed structures of a state
</wiki/Sovereign_state> (regardless
of that state's political system) and commercial institutions of the
market</wiki/Market>
. "

regards,

Alex